School is just around the corner. Here are a few ways to get your year off to a great start!
– Try apps like iHomework or MyHomeWork to help your kids organize assignments. Technology offer lots of options for keeping yourself and your kids organized with to-do lists and later reminds you when to do it!
– Create a dedicated space for your kids to store their school supplies and technology. Keeping things tidy for a less stressful living and working environment.
– Make a schedule. Research shows that you accomplish more when you have a routine. Create weekly a schedule and stick to it.
– Create a family calendar that tracks everyone’s activities and commitments. This helps everyone stay on the same page, and when we’re all in sync things run smother, helping you get through your day a little easier.
– Meal prep. Having something ready to go removes the daily stressor of what’s for dinner.
Prioritize Your Time
– Evaluate what tasks are most important. What needs to get done today, and what would be nice to get done today?
– Time management – Determine how long it takes to complete tasks, both for you and your kids. This helps time things properly to stay on schedule.
– Budget your time – Errands, studying, working out and to do’s around the house. If you do it – put it on the schedule. This keeps you on track when things get hectic. And don’t forget to put your scheduled in your fav app for daily reminders!
– Don’t over book – be realistic about what you can accomplish. When you budget time correctly, you’re able accomplish most of the things you have to do in a day, this leave you feeling satisfied and happier at the end of the day.
– Create an after-school schedule that allows time for snack, relaxation, play and study.
– Establish “Family Time,” whether it’s during dinner or before bed. Connecting with your loved ones helps easy stress and increase connectivity, contributing to overall happiness.
– Schedule time for stress reducing activities. Be proactive to reduce stress. Take time to read or exercise. Do something you enjoy.
– Remove distractions like TVs and video game consoles during down time, as well as during your kids homework times. This makes tasks more effective.