Put together a memorable day for you and the woman who raised you!!!
WATERLOO, Ont. — Among her many tasks when raising a family is playing the role of the social convenor for her kids.
On weekends, holidays and during summer vacation, it often fell to Mom to make sure there was something to keep the little ones busy and entertained. With Mother’s Day approaching, consider turning the tables and planning a day out for your Mom.
“Whether grabbing a bite to eat, going shopping or taking in a show, the key to taking your Mother out for a day is the quality time you will be spending with her,” says Minto Schneider, Chief Executive Officer of Waterloo Region Tourism. “It’s the time you spend that she will cherish most, and there is no shortage of things you can do to make it a memorable day.”
There are several events and attractions across Waterloo Region to fill your Mother’s Day, including:
- Where else to start for Mom but to spoil and pamper her with a spa retreat? Check out the options for a massage, facial, skin treatment, manicure or pedicure at Langdon Hall, The Puddicombe House or The Rock Spa.
- There is no shopping experience quite like that in Waterloo. The shops and boutiques of St. Jacobs Village offer wares you are unlikely to find anywhere else in the world. Or check out the historic Southworks Mall, an old factory converted into a truly unique experience or take a stroll through the Conestoga Mall for a more traditional shopping trip.
- Set on the banks of the Grand River, the historic Cambridge Mill is an amazing spot to sit with Mom, enjoy the view, catch up and enjoy a delicious Mother’s Day brunch.
- Step back in history with a visit to the Waterloo Region Museum. Besides the main exhibit hall and the must-see Doon Heritage Village, the museum is hosting a Mother’s Day afternoon tea, complete with a fun look at women’s, ahem, unmentionables between 1914 and 1925.
- Live theatre is a fantastic and memorable escape from the every day. The Elmira Theatre Company is staging a matinee performance of Sleepy Hollow – The Musical on Mother’s Day. The final performance of Mamma Mia! at the Dunfield Theatre in Cambridge is May 7th.
- Treat Mom to a special brunch in a tropical setting at the Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory. Then enjoy the tranquility and beauty of the butterflies and take in Landscapes of Biodiversity, a fine art photography exhibit of our planet by Canadian astronaut Dr. Roberta Bondar.
- The Fashion History Museum is featuring an exhibit on the appropriate dress when visiting with royalty and 200 years of wedding attire.
- Tap into the inner child of both you and your Mother with a day out at Bingemans. Go bowling, have a bite to eat or really go back in time and play some video games.
About Waterloo Regional Tourism Marketing Corporation
Founded in 2007, Waterloo Regional Tourism Marketing Corporation (WRTMC) is the recognized Destination Marketing Organization for the Region of Waterloo. They are a non-profit marketing and image development organization with extensive knowledge on the development of destination profiling, awareness building programs, and strategic partnerships. WRTMC has partnered with hundreds of members within the Region to further their marketing efforts reach by promoting the region to high-potential markets.