Every mothers breastfeeding journey is different. One of the key factors in a successful breastfeeding realationship. Is the support provided by those people closest. The best way to support the nurser in your life is to learn their wishes. Once you know the goals you will know the type of encouragment needed. Here are some things to consider….
- Learn about the breastfeeding process! Google: Mastitis, Hand Expression, IBCLC, Dr. Jack Newman, The “Let down”, Football hold and, What a breastfed babies poop likes like!
- Ensure hydration by refilling water bottles, preparing and encouraging healthy eating habits
- Understand pharmacy online the need for long periods viagra of skin on skin and be sensitive to the biological processes taking place between mother and child
- Serve meals in bed and clear nesting area of dishes, laundry and other http://pharmacy-online-canada24d.com/buy-floxin.php debris
- Offer to provide babe with some skin on skin, to free mom up to have a shower while still covering babes biological needs
- Be empathetic to how the Mother expresses any discomfort
- Encourage mom to seek support and learn about different options BEFORE suggesting supplementing or offering a bottle
- Make sure there are cold compresses in the freezer for sore swollen breasts
- Provide coconut oil for sore nipples and ask mom how the babies latch looks and if she’s comfortable at least once a day!
- Find local resources in the bags of free stuff you received while still pregnant, especially if she’s feeling defeated!
Breastfeeding is no doubt a natural, but trying task. Honouring the natural process while considering the enviroment and circumstances can help support the nurser in your life. If you want to learn more about the biological process and spend quality time with your mom to be, plan a Baby mooning Picnic with The Doula Chef. http://www.thedoulachef.com/babymooning-picnic/