Getting to the gym pre-baby was hard enough! But, with a little one at home, the challenge grows exponentially.
With a little one in tow, Zumba classes and rock climbing may be off the table (temporarily) BUT there are a bunch of great baby-friendly workouts that you can try to get moving!
Here’s our list of postnatal workouts to try: (Remember to always check with your doctor before starting any of these exercises!!!)
1) Jogging. If you ran before and during your pregnancy, you’ll love the jogging stroller! Take your baby with you as you get your cardio with products like the I.T. Jogger. The stroller boasts a nice big sun canopy to keep your baby covered, lots of storage and a smooth ride. Strap on your running shoes and hit the pavement.
2) Yoga. Yoga isn’t just about meditation and downward dogs! It also allows mommy and baby to bond through loving touch, sight, sound, and movement.
According to YogaMamas, by incorporating your little one into the yoga sequence, you also receive a nurturing, strengthening practice designed specifically for your postnatal body and spirit.
3) Hiking. If you like to hike for exercise, you’ll love using a baby backpack. The pack is great for taking your little one on adventure but isn’t just for hikers!
4) Workout Videos. With all the variety out there, these days, you could try a different work out video every day of the week for a year without running out of options! Workout videos offer great exercise options, without having to leave home!
5) Swimming. It never ceases to amaze us just how naturally infants adapt to water. Enjoying a Mommy and Tots swimming class can be a great work out for you and lots of fun for you little one, too. Grab the water wings and dive in!
Did we miss something on our list? Tell us how you like to keep active with your little one in tow!