Waking up to the howling wind and blowing snow this morning had me craving something that was the complete opposite of cold and grey.
I scoured my kitchen for just the right ingredients and this is what I found:
What will pineapple, orange, carrots and goji berries provide you with?
• vitamins A, C, B1 (thiamin) and B6
• protein (thank you to the goji berries!)
Here’s exactly what I juiced:
• 3 good-sized carrots (peeled)
• 1/2 of a fresh pineapple (peeled but used core also)
• large orange (peeled outside but salvaged as much of the inside pith as possible to maximize the pectin and vit. C)
• handful of goji berries (soaked for a few minutes in water to soften up)
This blend was exactly like drinking sunshine! Despite having to share with my little ones, I still got a nice, big glass of it!
Do you juice? What are your family’s favorite blends?
Feel free to share your recipes below, I’m always on the lookout for keepers!
P.S. our Karate Kids classes begin this Monday, Jan. 6th – we are accepting new children ages 4+. Visit www.personalbestwadokai.com for more info.