March Break should really be longer than one week. How can we possibly fit in everything we want to do? Children’s Museum, Adventures on Wonderland, Sugar Bush Tour and more!
Jennifer’s Top 10 Fun March Break Activities
I love March Break – a time to spend time with the kids, focusing on fun and adventure. A break from making school lunches (dread this job!) and doing homework. Yippee for March Break. Here are my top 10 fave activities for this week!
1. Make the kids clean up their rooms! Ha Ha – I love this activity – it just makes them appreciate the rest of the week of fun!
2. Check out the local library for free games and activities!
3. Visit a Michaels or other craft store in the area for free craft sessions for the kids. Make sure to find out the times and register ahead of time if necessary.
4. Have a hot dog roast (outside of course). The kids will love this and it looks like the weather might be just perfect for it this year.
5. Go on a hike – or two or three! Get outside and just play.
6. Chapters usually has some kind of activity or author reading for the kiddies.
7. Visit with friends – meet in the park or plan on meeting at the many great kid friendly spots in your town such as: Children’s Museums, Adventures on Wonderland (in London), PLAYFIT (In Cambridge), swimming pools etc. The Reptile Guy is in London this week – this is a definite on our list!
8. Go skating! My husband was able to rent the ice in our hometown for an hour this March Break – now we can invite our friends and family and make a party out of it. I plan on bringing juice and snacks for the after-skate party! There are a few outdoor rinks still open and check your city websites for indoor family skates.
9. Be creative – go outside and plan a scavenger hunt or do some tree rubbings with old pieces of crayons, build a fort, paint a picture, start a scrapbook etc.
10. Here is my absolute fave idea for the week – Find time to relax and enjoy the kids. They are young for only so long and this time with them will be treasured by all for years to come!
Have an awesome week!