Our kids are still pretty young so we set a few ground rules when it comes to the iPod Touch use.
1. No iPods at school! Period. If they take them to school they lose them for at least 3 days.
2. After school the kids are not allowed to use their iPods until they have all their homework done, chores done, assisted with dinner and dishes and cleaned their room. I spoke to one family recently that take the iPods away from Monday-Thursday. The only exception to this rule is if they are using the ipods for homework…which my 13 year old has done and received bonus marks for using technology.
3. No iPods in their room at bedtime! Too tempting to have access at all hours!
4. The kids can only buy new apps if they are approved by mom and dad.
5. We have set restictions on their individual iPods. Follow these links to do the same: