Chex No Bake Apple Bars
These whole grain cereal and dried fruit snack bars will turn a good morning into a great one…and they only take 20 minutes to make!
Prep Time – 20 minutes Makes 16 squares
• 4 cups (1 L) Rice Chex cereal
• 2/3 cup (150 mL) chopped dried apples
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced almonds
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) sweetened dried cranberries
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter or margarine
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) light corn syrup
• 1/4 cup (50 mL) packed brown sugar
1. Line bottom and sides of 8-inch (20 cm) square pan with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix cereal, apples, almonds and cranberries; set aside.
2. In 1-quart (1 L) saucepan, heat butter, corn syrup and brown sugar over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
3. Pour over cereal mixture in bowl; stir until evenly coated.
Using buttered back of spoon, press mixture fi rmly in pan.
Refrigerate 1 hour or until fi rm enough to cut.
4. For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store covered at room temperature up to 1 week.
Compliments of Chex – Gluten Free cereal. For more great recipes click here!