Paper Pinwheel Flowers
We are celebrating my grandmother’s 98th birthday here this summer. She just loves flowers, but due to the lack of rain, we don’t have a lot of colour in the gardens. To fix this problem, my kids will be making Paper Pinwheel Flowers. This is an easy craft but the kids will need a bit of help.
How to Make a Pinwheel Flower
- Cut several strips of colored paper 6″ to 8″ long. Make them about 1″ to 1 1/2″ wide.
- Punch a hole in the middle of each strip.
- Place the strips together (alternating colors if you used multiple colors) and put a paper fastener through the middle.
- Cut a small hole in a straw and place the paper fastener through the hole and bend back the fastener to hold in place.
- Fan out the strips until they create a complete circle.
- Shape the ends of each strip by wrapping around a pencil. This will create a curl for the flower petal.
Tip: Make sure the curl goes in towards the center.
Compliments of: Cool-Kids-Craft-Ideas.com